ABOUT HEROIC PUBLIC SPEAKING
What We Believe
We believe that a speech has the power to change the world and the people in it—including the speaker.
What We Do
Heroic Public Speaking helps speakers with transformational ideas leverage the power of performance to move audiences (and themselves) to think, feel, and act differently. Simply put, we help speakers deliver best in class performances so their ideas take hold and spread.
Who We Do It For
- Professional speakers and soon-to-be professional speakers.
- Entrepreneurs who use speaking to build their brands and book more business.
- Mission-driven people who want to advance a cause or lead a movement.
What We’ve Built
Heroic Public Speaking is considered by many to be the preeminent public speaking and communications training company in the world. We're a small company with headquarters in Lambertville, NJ, founded by a husband and wife team.
Who We Hire
It's easy to say we care … but we really do. We work hard, and we do it together. We know that no one is perfect and that sometimes non-traditional hires are the best hires. In fact, most of the people working at HPS, including the founders, currently do something different than they did in their previous jobs or what they were originally trained to do. Bottom line: we want you if you produce results, and we want you to be happy while doing it.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We Need a Performance Vocal (Part-Time Contractor Position)
Heroic Public Speaking is searching for a top-notch vocal coach for our students. Our students are non-actors that learn the craft and pedagogy from acting in order to create transformational keynote speeches.
Opportunities include but aren’t limited to:
- Working at Heroic Public Speaking HQ a few days every month in Lambertville, NJ, coaching students in large group interactive sessions, masterclass style sessions, and one-on-one private sessions.
- Collaborating with the HPS Faculty on a voice and speech curriculum, providing materials and custom exercises for students to practice a regular vocal warm-up.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
MFA in Acting and/or proven theatrical vocal coaching track record. Experience with non-actors, while not required, is a plus.
YOU NEED TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY
Especially after the pandemic, we’re a company that values and embraces technology; you must be comfortable learning and using modern processing and communication applications, like Zoom (for potential private coaching sessions).
Please indicate your requested hourly rate as well as day rate in your cover letter.