Thank you in advance for your time, talent, consideration, collaboration, and care. We love what we do but we love the people we do it with even more. We take the needs, desires, and dreams of our staff into consideration when making strategic or business decisions. We work to support and develop the people that are willing to give their time and talent to the growth of the business.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Open and direct communication is important to us. We will deliver on our promises and always honor your needs and do everything in our power to meet them. Here’s to a brilliant, meaningful, and fulfilling future together.
With warmth and appreciation,
Amy & Michael Port
Co-Founders, Heroic Public Speaking Worldwide
Duties and Responsibilities
You’ll collaborate with our marketing team, taking our designer’s magnificent work and bringing it to life online by using your front end developer superpowers. Yes, we all have superpowers at Heroic Public Speaking; with your superpowers, you will:
- Develop and update company web pages and landing pages.
- Utilize the latest web development standards to build reusable templates to improve development workflow.
- Ensure our web properties are continuously optimized for responsive design/mobile devices.
- Leverage and contribute to our existing design system to increase developer efficiencies.
- Collaborate with outside back-end developers to create and improve our internal custom apps.
- Support Marketing Operations in integrating data as needed from the different SaaS platforms used by the company.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies and apply them to serve our objectives.
We’re certain that you’ll be able to execute these responsibilities because you:
- Have an understanding of (and experience with) HTML & CSS, with a combined focus on the nuances of email development paradigms and solid grasp of coding standards for modern web development.
- A mobile-first mentality and experience building responsive sites using a variety of techniques
- Experience extracting design requirements from layouts created in tools like Sketch or Photoshop.
- Experience in developing custom wordpress themes.
Type of Employment/Benefits
This role is a full-time position and offers four weeks of vacation leave plus sick days.
Additionally, the company offers a very generous retirement plan in the form of a Defined Benefit Plan and contributes pre-tax dollars equal to at least 9% of your salary each year for full time employees that qualify for the plan. There is also a 401K plan to which you can choose to contribute if you’d like. Your contributions to the 401K can be in the form of a post-tax ROTH 401K or pre-tax Traditional 401K.
Education and Qualifications
We don’t really care where you went to school or what level of education you’ve achieved. We care about who you are now and how you show up in the world now. We have a highly intelligent and sophisticated group of people working together with shared values. We have more staff members with Masters degrees than the typical non-academic organization; however, almost none of these degrees are actually related to the work they now do. The point is: how someone did in school or where they went to school or what they studied isn’t the first thing we consider when making our hiring decisions.
We don’t just accept difference: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our programs, and our community. Heroic Public Speaking is an equal opportunity workplace, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
WE DO, HOWEVER, EXPECT THE FOLLOWING:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing colleagues.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective partner communications and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working in a fast moving and agile environment.
- User Experience, understanding what engaging site experiences are and an ability to develop and execute them.
- User Interfaces, ability to abstract interfaces into a design system, experience with developing web UIs.
- Excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail and ability to quickly implement changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in the latest trends and technologies in web development and marketing automation.
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines, and have a strong eye to detail. Consistency is key.
- Take direction and feedback well.
- Possess an innate sense of urgency.
- Collaborate and work in support of other teammates as well as work independently and be a self-starter.
Bonus points if:
- The phrase “A/B Testing” makes your heart pitter patter.
- You’re interested in continuing to advance your skills into other areas of web or app development.
There is little to no travel required for this position. Your cursor might travel to more than one screen on your desk here at Heroic Public Speaking, HQ; we will not pay for your cursor’s mileage.