ABOUT HEROIC PUBLIC SPEAKING
What We Believe
We believe that a speech has the power to change the world and the people in it—including the Speaker.
What We Do
Heroic Public Speaking helps speakers with transformational ideas leverage the power of performance to move audiences (and themselves) to think, feel, and act differently. Simply put, we help speakers deliver best in class performances so their ideas take hold and spread.
Who We Do It For
- Professional speakers and soon-to-be professional speakers.
- Entrepreneurs who use speaking to build their brands and book more business.
- Mission-driven people who want to advance a cause or lead a movement.
What We’ve Built
Heroic Public Speaking is considered by many to be the preeminent public speaking and communications training company in the world. We're a small company with headquarters in Lambertville, NJ, founded by a husband and wife team.
Who We Hire
It's easy to say we care … but we really do. We work hard, and we do it together. We know that no one is perfect and that sometimes non-traditional hires are the best hires. In fact, most of the people working at HPS, including the founders, currently do something different than they did in their previous jobs or what they were originally trained to do. Bottom line: we want you if you produce results, and we want you to be happy while doing it.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We Need a Freelance Direct Response Copywriter
We’re searching for an experienced copywriter who can assist our full-time copywriter as the external voice of our brand. You’ll work closely with NY Times, Wall Street Journal bestselling author Michael Port, ensuring that our sites inspire people to click YES for sales calls, opt-ins, and podcasts galore.
If you’re someone who loves to:
- Create high-conversion copy (and then make it higher-conversion copy).
- Embrace the voice of our company (playful, smart, inviting, and quick).
- Understand the intersection of how design and copy work together.
- Work with tight deadlines. Organization and a fast pace thrills you. We can see you flexing your typing muscles from here. 💪
- Connect with readers through meaning and purpose rather than hyperbolic gimmicks.
… Then you might be our person. And we might be your people.
Some of Your Specific Contributions:
- Create copy related to Heroic Public Speaking and any other company business, including but not limited to: sales pages, email campaigns, onboarding, newsletters, articles, social media, articles, and more.
- Collaborate with our Brand Manager & Designer on balancing design with copy, in endless opportunities: for Heroic Public Speaking, book launches, and speaker sites, to name a few.
- Refine and build onboarding campaigns for our clients (we call them students).
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
At least 2+ years of experience writing direct response copy with excellent results.
We don’t really care where you went to school or what level of education you’ve achieved. We care about who you are now and how you show up in the world now. We have an intelligent and sophisticated group of people working together with shared values. However, how someone did in school, where they went to school, or what they studied isn’t the first thing we consider when making our hiring decisions.
YOU NEED TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY
Especially after the pandemic, we’re a company that values and embraces technology; you must be comfortable learning and using modern processing and communication applications, like Google Suite and Slack.
Please share your freelance rates in your cover letter.
LOCATION AND WORK HOURS
While our team is currently remote, the person filling this role will eventually be required to be on location at Heroic Public Speaking HQ in Lambertville, NJ.