ABOUT HEROIC PUBLIC SPEAKING
What We Believe
We believe that a speech has the power to change the world and the people in it—including the Speaker.
What We Do
Heroic Public Speaking helps speakers with transformational ideas leverage the power of performance to move audiences (and themselves) to think, feel, and act differently. Simply put, we help speakers deliver best in class performances so their ideas take hold and spread.
Who We Do It For
- Professional speakers and soon-to-be professional speakers.
- Entrepreneurs who use speaking to build their brands and book more business.
- Mission-driven people who want to advance a cause or lead a movement.
What We’ve Built
Heroic Public Speaking is considered by many to be the preeminent public speaking and communications training company in the world. We're a small company founded and led by a husband and wife team.
Who We Hire
It's easy to say we care … but we really do. We work hard, and we do it together. We know that no one is perfect and that sometimes non-traditional hires are the best hires. In fact, most of the people working at HPS, including the founders, currently do something different than they did in their previous jobs or what they were originally trained to do. Bottom line: we want you if you produce results, and we want you to be happy while doing it.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We Need a Full-Time Assistant to the Director of Sales & Programming
Heroic Public Speaking is searching for someone who can answer students* immediately and effectively. You pay attention in a way that looks effortless (we know it’s a lot of effort, though). You’ll contribute to student success because you ensure that the student feels heard, seen, and appreciated. You will help the students navigate through their training programs by trusting the process and staying fully engaged in the training.
*Our “students” are adults who lead companies, go to the moon, win Olympic medals, write bestselling books, fly fighter jets, and change the world, one speech at a time.
About The Kind of Person We Think is Right for This Position
You love being a support person; you know how to balance putting your head down and doing the work with feeling comfortable taking initiative to improve a process or lead a project to completion. A full inbox excites you, especially when you set a goal to get it down to zero by the end of the day (and most days, you do just that during business hours, because you can’t go to sleep imagining all of the unanswered questions). The only thing that thrills you more than responding via email is tracking details; you live for it (well, at least when it comes to work, you love tracking details. We hope you live for other things outside of the office). Your overall goal is to ensure that students receive first-class attention, and accumulate world-class experiences throughout their tenure at HPS while helping the Director of Sales and Programming achieve her objectives.
Some of Your Specific Contributions:
- Serve our students’ needs by managing all questions coming in through our help desk.
- Update customer records in the company database and tracking systems.
- Process sales by taking credit card information and processing it in our system.
- Schedule sales meetings for the Director of Sales & Programming, as well as maintain and organize her inbox and calendar as requested.
- Prepare briefs on potential clients before sales conversations, ensuring that the Director has a complete understanding of who they’re speaking with and what’s important to that client.
- Draft and send emails on behalf of the Director at different points in the sales process.
- Create scheduling links and templates for sales calls as needed.
- Maintain weekly and monthly touchpoints with alumni, affiliates, and trusted partners on behalf of the Director.
- Contact customers to answer basic procedural questions or to gauge their level of satisfaction with the company.
- Maintain client and affiliate relationships for the Director via LinkedIn.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
We don’t really care where you went to school or what level of education you’ve achieved. We care about who you are now and how you show up in the world now. We have an intelligent and sophisticated group of people working together with shared values. However, how someone did in school, where they went to school, or what they studied isn’t the first thing we consider when making our hiring decisions.
YOU NEED TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY
We’re a company that values and embraces technology; you must be comfortable learning and using modern processing and communication applications, like Google Suite and Slack.
We also use the following programs: ZenDesk, ClickUp, Airtable, WayWeDo, 1Password, and KEAP.
If you haven't used some of these platforms, don't let that discourage you. Our savvy team members were able to pick these platforms up right away.
Salary for this position is in the range of $55,000 to $65,000, depending on experience level, plus health and retirement benefits. Compensation packages are revisited annually at the end of the calendar year and raises are commensurate with the impact you make on the growth of the company.