- Opening Kickoff Event: Join your faculty and the HPS team for this social and informational welcome event.
- Weekly video content: Experience lessons that are premium, from the production quality to the content guiding you in creating a rehearsal-ready script.
- Masterclasses with Head Writing Coach AJ Harper: These sessions aim to help you better understand and increase the impact of your Big Idea as well as the foundational concepts of your intellectual property.
- Live Editing Sessions: AJ (and maybe Michael!) will draw upon your on-time draft submissions to create breakthrough transformations with your content in real-time.
- Coaching Sessions with the Ports: Wherever you are in your process, we’ve got your back. This is a time to share wins and let us know where you’re stuck. No matter where you are, we’ll help guide you forward through these interactive group sessions, serving as springboards toward your goals.
- Superobjective with Michael: Dive deeper into why you’re writing a speech. What is the speech going to do for you personally? Professionally?
- Introduction to the Writing Process with AJ Harper & the HPS Editing Team: The last learning module of the HPS GRAD: 1st Term curriculum is Editing. This session will introduce you to the editing process and allow you to learn from the incredible HPS Editing Team members—including the editor who will personally work with you and your intellectual property.
Here’s What we’ll cover:
- Learn a repeatable process for developing content that contains a solid, understandable message for any audience.
- Understand the difference between writing for the page and writing for the stage.
- Identify your ideal audience so that you can inspire them to take action.
- Articulate and apply the HPS proprietary Foundational Five elements that are essential for any great speech.
- Catalogue the content you already have in your head—the good, the bad, and that which you should save for later—to truly understand how much additional content you’ll need to generate.
- Craft powerful openings and commanding closings, captivating your audience and holding their attention from beginning to end.
- Pinpoint contrast in your stories, making your storytelling more dynamic and memorable.
- Craft powerful speaker bios & session descriptions so that people are on the edges of their seats before you even set foot on stage.