We are looking for a savvy video specialist that is as comfortable behind the camera as they are in the edit suite. This candidate will have the opportunity to scale up our video marketing and social media presence. We need a videographer who knows how to produce compelling video tailored to attract new and existing users on all our social platforms.
We’re open to candidates of all walks of life. But one thing we know for sure is that this candidate is into social marketing, knows how to edit raw film, and ensures a final product that is both consistent and on-brand. Oh, and this candidate isn’t a fuddy duddy.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is a summary of typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Capture studio-quality video both at our headquarters and (every once in awhile) on location.
- Shoot and edit content to build a library of product videos, marketing content, explainers (including animations), interviews, event videos, and others.
- Set up and run livestreams.
- Lead all technical setup for shoots, including lighting, angle, placement, sound, and positioning of individuals on camera (if appropriate).
- Collaborate with others on the communications & marketing team.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our brand message and tone to accurately capture in video and photo form.
- Work with the Director of Communications to plan, film and edit short videos and graphics for all social channels.
- Edit raw video and photography into engaging content.
- Edit videos and insert text and graphics according to the theme of the video.
- Work independently or with a team to deliver quick-turnaround projects.
- Brainstorm new ideas and creative strategies.
- Film how-to and social media live videos among others on an as-needed basis
- Assist in directing those on camera.
There is opportunity for travel from time to time with the founders or other faculty members to capture their work on the road documentary style.
Type of Employment/Benefits
This role can be a full time or part time position. We’d prefer full time but we are flexible. The company offers enrollment in a Platinum health insurance plan through United Health Care and pays 50% of the premiums if you choose to enroll.
Additionally, the company offers a very generous retirement plan in the form of a Defined Benefit Plan and contributes pre-tax dollars equal to at least 9% of your salary each year for full time employees that qualify for the plan. There is also a 401K plan to which you can choose to contribute if you’d like. Your contributions to the 401K can be in the form of a post-tax ROTH 401K or pre-tax Traditional 401K.
Education and Qualifications
We don’t really care where you went to school or what level of education you’ve achieved. We care about who you are now and how you show up in the world now. We have a highly intelligent and sophisticated group of people working together with shared values. We have more staff members with Masters degrees than the typical non-academic organization; however, almost none of these degrees are actually related to the work they now do. The point is: how someone did in school or where they went to school or what they studied isn’t the first thing we consider when making our hiring decisions.
We don’t just accept difference: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our programs, and our community. Heroic Public Speaking is an equal opportunity workplace, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We do, however, to expect the following:
- Past experience in TV/film or other role operating video and editing equipment.
- Great creative eye for visualizing and shooting concepts effectively.
- Knows how to push the limits of Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Experience shooting short-form video content for social media.
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, with a natural knack for storytelling.
- Comfortable working with and directing those on camera.
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines, and have a strong eye to detail. Consistency is key.
- Takes direction and feedback well.
- Possesses an innate sense of urgency.
- Collaborates and works in support of other teammates as well as work independently and be a self-starter.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of motion graphics and animation.